While there is no global permafrost management movement, there are a few dedicated individuals and teams who are already working to counteract the permafrost thawing and the predicted disaster.
We endeavour to increase their work by using the film as a tool to:
– Create a coalition of all of those who want to act today
– Raise awareness among decision-makers and the public
– Build partnerships and collaborations
– Fostering dialogues and conversations
– Inspire action
We already have some very concrete action ideas:
– Have Pleistocene Park certified as a Nature-based Solution and voluntary carbon offset project by an international organization.
– Publish a forum of scientists urging the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to take into account the thawing of Permafrost in their calculations, modelling and recommendations for government legislations.